Please be aware that there are many people out there who are desperate for money. And rather than working for that money, they are on the prowl, looking for victims who have weak areas in their Security. Whether it be your home or your business. Do not make the burglar’s job easier by being vulnerable.
Here are some Security Tips from a locksmith in Greenville SC with many years of hands-on experience.
- Make sure that entry areas are well lit at night. Motion sensors are preferable.
- Make sure shrubs are trimmed so there are no easy hiding places for thieves.
- Make sure you have Deadbolts on every exterior access door. Also, make sure that the deadbolts work properly and throw fully into the bolted position.
- If you have double doors or french doors, make sure that when they are locked that there isn’t a gap in between where someone could take a pocket knife and unlatch the stationary door.
- Make sure your windows latch and lock property. You can also easily add track locks to your sliding windows.
- If you have windows on or next to your doors, make sure they are double cylinder deadbolts with a key on each side
So if someone were to break the window, they couldn’t reach in and unlock your deadbolt.
- If you have sliding glass doors, make sure there isn’t a gap big enough to put your finger above the door and track. If so, your sliders can be pried up off of the track. There are other secondary security solutions for your sliders that will make them safe and secure.
- If you have a working alarm, use it. Get on the habit of always setting it when you are away.
- If you have an overhead opener for your garage door, make sure you are the only one with remotes. If you are unsure, you should take the steps necessary to delete all codes and reprogram it to your remotes only.
- If you think that there is a possibility of keys” floating around” or have lost keys or have a lock that was previously on a master key, you should have your locks rekeyed to a fresh original key.
These are just 10 of many tips to help you secure your home or business. Pay attention before it’s too late.