—- A Dance Film —-
Directed by John Paul Tran
Filmed by Serena Kuo
Performed by Nadav Heyman
—- A Dance Film —-
Bringing home your little bundle of joy is an amazing experience, but it is one that is fraught with woe over keeping the baby safe and comfortable. This brand new human being is extremely fragile, with its own personality, preferences, and needs. Dressing your little one accordingly is very important. At the same time, there are some basic components that need to be included in every newborn’s wardrobe.
3 Tips for Dressing Your Newborn
The brand name and color of the clothes you put on your newborn baby is not as important as the quality of the materials. When children are babies, fashion should be the last concern. Making sure your newborn is snug and warm is the most vital consideration. To decide what your bundle of amazingness should wear today, use the following guidelines:
Babies have incredibly thin skin, which means they are more sensitive to temperature changes. As an adult, fluctuations don’t have such an immediate and emergent effect. As babies, we should be put in clothes that protect our fragile bodies.
No baby wants to be swaddled in clothes that are rough or itchy. Make sure your baby is put in soft clothing that feels good on their sensitive skin.
Put your newborn baby in clothes that are too small and she will be very uncomfortable. Put your newborn baby in clothes that are too big and she will be unprotected from the elements. Proper fit is of paramount importance.
Newborn baby clothes should also make her body/diaper easily accessible and should be made from breathable materials that cover the hands and feet to prevent scratching.
Types of Clothes that Are Best for Newborns
Certain types of clothing possess every feature that is ideal for newborn babies. That is why we see the following articles being sold in nearly every baby section of every chain store in America:
- baby onesies (long sleeve mostly)
- Button-up or Zipped Sleepers (to keep baby warm while sleeping)
- Swaddle Wraps (to mimic the closeness of the womb)
- Fitted Socks (to protect feet from cold)
- Mittens (to prevent scratching at the face)
- Hat (to conserve body heat)
While it is important to possess these basic articles of newborn clothing, it’s also essential to have a few soft blankets on hand for extra warmth. And as any experienced parent will tell you, leaving the house without a few receiving blankets is a no-no.
Please be aware that there are many people out there who are desperate for money. And rather than working for that money, they are on the prowl, looking for victims who have weak areas in their Security. Whether it be your home or your business. Do not make the burglar’s job easier by being vulnerable.
Here are some Security Tips from a locksmith in Greenville SC with many years of hands-on experience.
- Make sure that entry areas are well lit at night. Motion sensors are preferable.
- Make sure shrubs are trimmed so there are no easy hiding places for thieves.
- Make sure you have Deadbolts on every exterior access door. Also, make sure that the deadbolts work properly and throw fully into the bolted position.
- If you have double doors or french doors, make sure that when they are locked that there isn’t a gap in between where someone could take a pocket knife and unlatch the stationary door.
- Make sure your windows latch and lock property. You can also easily add track locks to your sliding windows.
- If you have windows on or next to your doors, make sure they are double cylinder deadbolts with a key on each side
So if someone were to break the window, they couldn’t reach in and unlock your deadbolt.
- If you have sliding glass doors, make sure there isn’t a gap big enough to put your finger above the door and track. If so, your sliders can be pried up off of the track. There are other secondary security solutions for your sliders that will make them safe and secure.
- If you have a working alarm, use it. Get on the habit of always setting it when you are away.
- If you have an overhead opener for your garage door, make sure you are the only one with remotes. If you are unsure, you should take the steps necessary to delete all codes and reprogram it to your remotes only.
- If you think that there is a possibility of keys” floating around” or have lost keys or have a lock that was previously on a master key, you should have your locks rekeyed to a fresh original key.
These are just 10 of many tips to help you secure your home or business. Pay attention before it’s too late.